Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It happened again

On Sunday afternoon I should have been filled with a sense a pride over finishing week two of the 5K training. Unfortunately yet again I wasn't congratulated for my effort and invited to join in week 3. This week, I can't blame my Ipod, because I simply didn't do the last of the 3 weekly runs.

No I haven't given up like I kept promising myself at the end of each day only to be filled with enthusiasm the following day like a belated runners high. We were away for the long weekend and I was even tempted to take my running shoes and do laps of the caravan park. But I didn't thankfully do that. We went away to go on a 30km overnight walk so I got my fair share of aches and pains as well as a healthy dose of self pride.

I'm not sure if it is necessary, but I decided to repeat all of the week 2 runs before progressing. Ironically, carrying up pack while hiking all day actually seemed easier than running. It would seem that all the hard work is paying off then.

5 comments:

  1. That's such a great feeling, when you know what you are doing is changing things. Go Spring Girl Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great jon...nothing betetr right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's when you know you're making great progress- when you see the effects of the exercise in different activities!

    - Sagan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Results have a way of sneaking up on you like that! :) You ARE making progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your support ladies!

    ReplyDelete

 

fleet phospho soda