Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Good Re-Start




Exercise – tick.
Conscious eating – tick.
Healthy snacks – tick.
Dark chocolate treat – haha.

All systems go, I’m back on track. It’s a bit of a deja-vu though – I have been here many times before. Whenever I have tried to lose weight in the past, I‘ve never tried a fad diet. Somehow asking my Mom to only cook cabbage soup for me for the next month would have signalled ‘look at me, I’ve got a weight problem’. I admit that I have never, unless joking shared my body issues with anyone except my husband. Generally, I’ve pretended that no one has actually noticed that I’m a little heavier than I was, or that I no longer wear clothes that I once adored. Usually, after a spate of healthy eating or exercise friends and family would admiringly point out that I’ve lost weight. Proud as I was of my success, this has always embarrassed me because it meant that they had noticed that I’d gained it in the first place. To be honest, posting all of this online for the whole world to see makes me feel ashamed. At the same time through writing about it, I have had the opportunity to really think about my issues and how I can change my habits to lose weight and lead a healthier life.


So, as I said, I’ve been here before. Exactly where here is, is healthy eating Ville. That’s always been my strategy in the past, fill up on healthy fruit and veggies, put less sugar in my tea and reduce my portion sizes a little. I don’t pretend that this time is necessarily going to be different. I have tried though to look at the reasons why I eat and avoid falling into those familiar traps. But the other main thing I need to look at is my body image, which is sitting on ‘unhealthy’ on the scale. Usually a couple of days of healthy eating goes by before the negativity kicks in. I need to stop that before it happens. I will write about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

fleet phospho soda